Billing & Collections Representative
Established in 1970, Orthopedic Associates of Hartford, P.C., is one of the area’s largest orthopedic practices with office locations throughout Greater Hartford. Our growing practice is currently seeking a Billing & Collections Specialist to join our Farmington business office.
The position is responsible for the prompt and efficient collection of patient accounts. Also responsible for handling incoming calls from patients and insurance companies to address the required resolution. The candidate will be working from an electronic work queue on a daily basis to manage task assignments.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is dependable, organized, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented. A positive “can-do” attitude and spirit of cooperative; a team player with the ability to work efficiently and effectively while maintaining a harmonious environment.
- Knowledge of insurance mandates, appeals, and requirements related to medical claims.
- A minimum of two years of recent experience in medical collections, with result-oriented debt collections skills.
- Familiarity with CPT-9 and ICD-10 coding and HIPAA regulations.
- Computer skills, including GE Centricity, electronic billing, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- High school diploma.