The Patient Care Coordinator II (PCC II) provides superior support and assistance to patients as they prepare for various Radiology examinations and procedures. The PCC II meets with patients to verify history and discuss protocols for their examination. The PCC II supports the technologists and Radiologists by performing preparations prior to and following examinations. Performs IV preparation and venipuncture as required.
Reports To: Clinical Manager
- Greets and escorts patients to imaging department and establishes professional rapport; verifies that patient has understood and followed exam preparations for procedure; provides additional preparations if indicated; instructs patient on attire required for exam; discusses protocol with patient; obtains and documents or verifies patient history for examination.
- Demonstrates proficient IV skills and performs venipuncture as required for various Radiology procedures.
- Coordinates appropriate patient documentation. Prepares supporting paperwork and perform data entry as needed. Reviews schedules and lab requisitions to determine clinical appropriateness. Confirms required lab results have been obtained. For MRI only: Perform safety screenings on all patients. For CT only: Perform i-STAT Creatine level testing.
- Cleans and sets up exam room for procedure. Monitors and stocks supplies. Distributes laundry to appropriate areas.
- Prepares relevant priors, CD’s and film copies for presentation to radiologists. Assists technologist or radiologist during procedures, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Participates as a member of the Jefferson Radiology Team. Consistently demonstrates and promotes Jefferson Radiology Values.
- Ensures a professional attitude and appearance at all times. Consistently demonstrates flexibility and good judgment. Consults with co-workers and supervisor as necessary.
- Adheres to all Jefferson Radiology policies and procedures, including Compliance, HIPAA, OSHA, licensing and accreditation guidelines. Reviews policy and procedure manuals on an annual basis.
Qualifications: High school diploma, or equivalent, Certified Medical Assistant (MA) with 1+ years of experience, or 1st year RT student or certified Phlebotomist with 1+ years of experience, and CPR (BLS) certification required. Venipuncture and IV skills preferred, but will train. Must demonstrate excellent competence with venipuncture skills and ability to recognize extravasations of IV contrast within 30 days. Must demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and convey a pleasant, professional manner. Must demonstrate excellent patient care, communication and organizational skills, with attention to detail. Must have computer experience.
Physical Requirements of the job: Able to lift 10 lbs., and up to 30 lbs. with assistance, exposure to blood and body fluids, exposure to radiation (CT only).
This is a Non-exempt position under The Fair Labor Standards Act.
Jefferson Radiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Physical Therapists or Physical Therapy Assistants
Orthopedic Associates of Hartford (OAH) is always seeking caring and dedicated health care professionals to provide high quality patient care within our outpatient orthopedic clinics. We offer a unique opportunity for a PT/PTA to work with highly trained, physicians and physical therapists to achieve clinical and professional goals. Some evening hours required, but no weekends or holidays. OAH is a well-rounded, outpatient clinic with a large sports medicine population. Our physicians work closely with the therapists at all locations to ensure a well-coordinated and safe rehabilitation program for efficient patient recovery.
OAH offers Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy services in Farmington, Glastonbury, Plainville and Rocky Hill.
Benefits for part time and full time employees include:
- Medical and dental
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid short term and long term disability insurance
- 401K with company match
- Up to 5 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Continuing education and tuition reimbursement
- Clinical specialty and senior clinician opportunities
- Competitive salary and so much more!!
The successful candidate must be a graduate of a Physical Therapy degree program from an accredited American Physical Therapy Association school, have an active or temporary CT license and be CPR certified. Must be motivated, compassionate, professional and a team player.
For additional details, please contact our Clinical Recruiter- Melissa!
Or apply directly online: https://rehab.hartfordhealthcare.org/for-job-seekers
Medical Executive Assistant
Our busy Orthopedic practice is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate to work with our Orthopedic Surgeons as a Medical Executive Assistant. Responsibilities may include heavy phone work, pre-certification, scheduling patients & surgeries, triage, filing, and initial registration & billing functions, all in support of a physician’s team. Requirements include 3+ years of recent and relevant experience within a private practice or hospital. The successful candidate will be highly reliable, a proactive self starter and team player with superior communication & customer service skills. Flexibility is essential to this position; reliable transportation for travel to various sites is a must.
Orthopedic Associates of Hartford is a large Orthopedic Medical Practice offering career opportunities in support of high quality patent care. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package to our valued patient care providers.
We currently have an opportunity for a Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). Working closely with an Orthopedic Surgeon, this PA or APRN will provide a broad spectrum of general patient care. These duties include, but are not limited to, medical evaluation and treatment, removal of stitches, application of casts, ordering and analyzing tests, writing orders, patient rounds, and patient education. The PA or APRN will also assist in the operating room for inpatient and outpatient surgeries.
The successful candidate must be a graduate of a recognized program, certified as a PA or APRN, and have at least 1 year of experience in Orthopedics. Must have knowledge of interpretation of x-ray views, as well as excellent communication and follow up skills.
Our busy orthopedic practice is currently seeking a Medical Collector to join our team. This position is responsible for both the prompt and efficient collection of insurance and patient balances. Additional responsibilities include handling incoming calls from patients and insurance companies, making outgoing calls to the same when appropriate, verification of benefits on-line or by telephone, and assisting the Billing & Collections Manager in related duties.
The successful candidate will have:
- Three or more years recent experience, having result oriented debt collection skills
- Basic knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding
- Working knowledge of posting charges and payments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with GE Centricity preferred
- Ability to multi-task; be reliable, detail oriented and organized with excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional image and approach and a positive “can-do” attitude
- Reliable transportation for travel to other sites for meetings and/or assistance in training front-office staff in the collection of billing information and related issues.