Established in 1970, Orthopedic Associates of Hartford, P.C., is one of the area’s largest orthopedic practices with office locations throughout Greater Hartford. Our growing practice is currently seeking a Medical Collector to join our Billing & Collections team in our Farmington business office.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is dependable, organized, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented. Important to this position is the ability to build relationships with our customers, both internal and external, to promote feedback and timely resolution of outstanding claims.
Proficiency in many computer software programs is required, as well as an understanding of insurance payment methodologies to ensure accurate reimbursement. A positive “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Follows policies and procedures, timely and accurately follows-up on claims for the resolution of outstanding balances.
- Participates in the collection and documentation of claims processing rules.
- Generates both electronic and hard copy claims for submission.
- Obtains supporting documentation and other information required to ensure acceptance of a claim.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with interdepartmental units when necessary.
- Documents pertinent account information pertaining to claims submission and resolution.
- Enters demographic data into the billing & collections software.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Two years of recent experience in medical collections and/or medical billing with result-oriented debt collections skills.
- Familiarity with ICD-10 coding and Federal HIPAA regulations.
- Computer skills, including GE Centricity, electronic billing, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a professional and courteous telephone manner.
- High School diploma.