OAH was founded in 1970. Our goal was simple – to provide the highest quality orthopedic care to our valued patients in the most efficient, cost effective manner while maintaining a work environment of care, congeniality, and teamwork.
That remains our mission today. Our size and scope have dramatically grown, yet we remain committed to providing comprehensive orthopedic treatment and exceptional patient care for all orthopedic needs.
At the Forefront of Technology
Our doctors lead the way in orthopedic research and technological advancements. They are sought after for their research, lecture nationally, and are widely published in medical literature. Our physicians continually adopt the most state-of-the-art technology and techniques including:
- MAKOplasty®, the latest and most innovative computer-assisted robotic surgery for joint replacement of hips and knees
- RIO® robotic arm which provides surgeons with real-time visual, tactile, and auditory feedback to facilitate optimal joint resurfacing and implant positioning
- BHR hip technique and implant to resurface and conserve bone, rather than replace hip
- 1.5 Tesla GE Wide Bore Optima MRI technology to provide optimal imaging services to our patients
- A specialized 3D lab that provides the highest quality reconstruction imaging available to guide surgical plans for the most complex orthopedic procedures
Recognized for Excellence
Our practice is widely recognized as the standard bearers in orthopedic care. OAH physicians are frequently acknowledged as “Top Doctors” in Connecticut and across America. In addition, the public has repeatedly voted OAH the “Best Orthopedic or Sports Medicine Group” in the Greater Hartford area.
Our physicians consistently take on active leadership roles including those of:
- Board members and presidents of local, state, and national orthopedic associations
- Directors of orthopedic programs at leading hospitals
- Clinical professors at UCONN School of Medicine
- Advisors to government, insurance, and hospital committees
- Media consultants
- Team physicians for local and visiting professional teams, colleges, and high schools
OAH was invited to serve as a respected member of The OrthoForum – a national physician subspecialty organization whose select membership includes the largest privately owned orthopedic practices in the United States.