Workplace Related Injuries
Patients who have been injured on the job are a priority for OAH. We understand the importance of a prompt and thorough evaluation so that individuals can get back to work and minimize the impact of lost wages.
- We provide priority treatment for work place injuries and value the importance of rapid evaluation, diagnosis, and creation of a treatment plan for a successful recovery.
- A dedicated Workers’ Compensation Coordinator organizes the required authorizations and paperwork, and also serves as a liaison between the patient, employer, payers, and medical providers.
- The OAH team minimizes the hassles for work related injuries by providing timely medical reports, rapid response to claim adjuster inquiries, and frequent updates on patient progress.
- We provide prompt and specific return to work instructions so that patients can resume work with modified work restrictions when appropriate.
We are highly respected for our workers’ compensation-related care. We are invited by the State of Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission to help develop clinical protocols and standards.
For Employees: What to Do if You Have a Workplace Injury
If you have a workplace-related injury, call (860) 549-3210 and request an appointment as soon as possible. Please mention that it is a work-related injury.
Please make sure to have your:
- Employer information
- Workers’ compensation insurance carrier information including your claim number, date of injury, and adjuster information ready to provide to our representative
- Once you are registered in our system, please allow time for our office to obtain authorization along with your medical records prior to being scheduled. If you already have records and/or authorization, you can help expedite the process by faxing them to your provider
For Employers: What to Do if Your Employee is Injured
Individuals who have been injured on the job are a priority for Orthopedic Associates of Hartford. We get your employees in quickly so one of our orthopedic specialists can provide an immediate diagnosis, plan of care, prognosis, and a timeframe as to when the injured worker can return to work safely and appropriately. Our goal is to keep you updated on their progress, every step of the way.
Call our Workers’ Compensation Hotline: (860) 244-1000.
Meet Our Exceptional Team
Our doctors lead the way in orthopedic research and technological advancements. All OAH physicians are board certified and fellowship trained in one or more areas, providing the highest level of subspecialty care possible in treating orthopedic and musculoskeletal disorders. Click here to meet our team>
We continue to bring in the best orthopedic surgeons to join our team. Most recently, we were thrilled to welcome seasoned foot and ankle specialist, Dr. Thomas McDonald who see patients in Hartford and Enfield. He is joined by our newest spine expert, Dr. Heeren Makanji who provides the latest advancements in operative and non-operative spine care. Click here to learn more about our newest team members>