Meet Our Two New Providers
Dr. Heeren Makanji
Dr. Makanji is an orthopedic spine surgeon who specializes in operative and non-operative treatment of spinal disorders. His expertise includes:
- Complex cervical and lumbar reconstruction
- Minimally invasive, robotic navigation-assisted spine surgery
- Treatment of degenerative conditions, tumors, trauma, and infections
Dr. Makanji did his medical training and Orthopedic residency at Harvard. He received fellowship training in Orthopedic Spine Surgery at the Rothman Institute and Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
Dr. Makanji sits on the editorial board for Clinical Spine Surgeryand is an author and reviewer for Orthobullets, an online platform used by thousands of residents and attending physicians for orthopaedic content and training.
Now scheduling patients in Hartford, Glastonbury, Farmington, and Enfield. Call (860) 549-8252.
Dr. Thomas McDonald
Foot & Ankle
Dr. McDonald is a premier orthopedic foot and ankle specialist. He is an experienced surgeon with over 14 years of experience and is skilled in the latest trends in Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery and Ankle Replacement surgery
His areas of expertise include:
- Total ankle replacement
- Trauma including athletic injuries, falls, and fractures
- Foot issues arising from systemic diseases including diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis
- Workplace related injuries
- Foot deformities including bunions and hammertoes
Dr. McDonald sees patients in our new Enfield location. Call (860) 244-8889.